Re: [IP] Animas R1000 (my negative)

In a message dated 5/31/02 12:23:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> .  If an alarm goes
> off that starts during a bolus (cartridge empty, batteries low)
> it will go off repeatedly and force you to confirm it every time.
> I get the idea the first time, but I've taken a big bolus (and run
> out of insulin) and had to confirm the same message two dozen
> times (when I can better figure out when I'll run out of insulin

Personally, I would rather it keep reminding so one doesn't forget and run
out......there is a low reminder at 20 units or 40 units (you choose)....you
not being able to figure out when you will run out of insulin is not the
fault of the pump but the user....JMO