Re: [IP] ABC news

I actually saw that story.  Not once did they even refer to the cells as
Islet Cells.  And they tried to make you believe that the lady who got the
'cells' got only cells from ONE donor organ ("a woman who had died earlier
that week")  We were told by another recipient that it takes a minimum of 2-3
organs to harvest enough cells for one transplant.  And also in the article
they showed a technician checking her BGs shortly after the procedure (she
was awake for the whole thing and the cells were being transplanted via an
IV???) anyway they showed her BGs as 'leveling off at 56"  Excuse me she is
having a HYPO folks get her some juice!!!!  Also they referred to the
procedure as a 'cure'

Oh yea, they showed the dozen or so bottles of pills she has to take now
everyday (anti-rejection) and then she made the comment about being able to
finally live a real life now!  My comment that I made outloud was yea but
don't get around anyone with even the slightest sniffles.....That's

I for one was very dis appointed!

mom to Joshua