Re: [IP] Loved ones helping with lows

Does anyone get mean/hysterical when you get REALLY low? I had an episode where I actually threw things at my Mom and was crying hysterically. It doesn't always happen that way, the other day I dropped while my boyfriend was with me and he said I just became very quiet and nonresponsive. Mercifully, I usually don't remember what I said or did during the Low, my actions just seem to be totally out of line with my personality. Does anyone else experience this Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde sort of thing? Also, I'm always horribly embarrassed after it happens and feel the need to apologize to the loved one who took care of me, do any of you know if your loved ones see it as a burden?

In a message dated Thu, 30 May 2002  9:55:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Sherry Compton <email @ redacted> writes:

>I just wanted to chime in with some experiences with loved ones helping out with hypos. One really bad low I had a few months ago, my husband was trying to get me to sit up in bed and drink juice, and I didn't want to.  I ran around the house cursing at him and telling him to leave
>me alone. Finally out of frustration he told me that I couldn't hold the baby if I didn't drink the juice. So I started crying hysterically and told him he was mean to me. It makes me laugh a little to picture him chasing me around the house with a juice can, but at the same time it
>makes me sad.
>The last low I had at my parents' house, it was dinner time and they thought I should just fix a plate. But I kept dropping the food and then I sat down in the kitchen floor. My mom finally fixed my plate for me and talked me into getting up.
>As embarrassed as it makes me, it's nice to have people to depend on.
>Sherry C
>From the massive city of Bowling Green KY
>Who is in another battle with the insurance company's mail order pharmacy about pump supplies

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
                        - Jeremiah 29:11