Re: [IP] Brain Cells, Invisible Insulin, Like Mom

In a message dated 5/30/02 8:14:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Concerning the vanishing insulin.  I have the same problem with bagels and
> pop tarts.  They both require about twice the normal amount I usually
> take.

Possibly because both bagels and poptarts are high glycemic.  They will spike
b.g. faster and then more insulin is needed to overcome the insulin
resistance caused by the spike.  Gabe has that reaction to cold cereal (not
to bagels, and we don't try too many pop tarts).