Re: [IP] Sex and the Pump

I disconnect for having sex.  It just wasn't working any other way.  We did rip
out an infusion set once (after disconnecting ).  It doesn't hurt or bleed or
anything.  It's just an inconvenience to have to redo the whole thing.  He felt
really bad about it, but I said don't worry.  We are pretty active,  usually
ignore the set, and it still has only been ripped out once in 3 years.  As for
being high... well, sometimes I end up being low afterward, and sometimes I am
high.  It's very unpredictable.  If I find that I am off it for more than an
hour I will reconnect for a .5 to 1 unit bolus (depending on how active I am).
We just sit and kiss/"make out" while I am doing it.  We have found that taking
a break for a couple minutes actually intensifies the passion aspect.  It's
like when you can't do something that makes you want to do it even more.  It's
difficult to explain withoutgetting into detail.  I hope I'm not offending
anybody here. ;)  Anyway, immediately afterward I do a test.  If I am lower
than 100 he goes downstairs to fetch a snack.  If it's over 200 I do a bolus
(or over 150 with less activity).  I then try to test a few hours later to make
sure I am back on track.  It's not an exact science, but what with dm is?  I
refuse to let it take over my life so that being intimate is no longer
enjoyable.  What point is there to living a long life if we can't enjoy some of
it?  Anyway, if you have any more questions, please feel free to email me
privately.  Good luck!