[IP] Re: testing in public

Laura, Catherine and others,
I know what you guys mean about getting tired of explaining or tired of the
same old questions. At times, I certainly do too. I guess we all have
different tolerance and thresholds for communication. I certainly have my
moods when I don't feel like dealing with other people or answering
questions, about diabetes or otherwise. In general, however, I don't mind.
The story about the comparison to wearing contacts is really funny. Annoying,
but really funny. It's just my personality that I would have been pretty
blunt and said, "No, it's nothing like that." And I would have explained a
little about why. I often made similar comments about shots not being the bad
part about having diabetes. I would explain that the rigid schedules were the
worst part. Inevitably, that would lead to the questions about why the
schedules/meal times were important and I'd just try to explain that as
simply as possible. I haven't always succeeded, but for the most part, I have
had good communication experiences with non-D people. I have also had bad
experiences, but that's another thread. I have posted at least one of my
stories on that topic before.
Yet another YMMV thing!
dxed IDDM 9/92, pumping since 1/02