Re: [IP] Are people given a choice for pumps?

>I have been wondering if anyone who recently, like the last couple years, was given a choice in obtaining their pump. My Endo said I was getting one particular pump, period! end of discussion!!
   It's an endo thing.  I told mine I wanted a pump, and she asked me if
I had a brand preference.  She told me her opinion about the varying
levels of service I could expect, and told me my insurance might cover
one brand but not another, but she whould start wherever I wanted to start.

   That was in February this year.  I got my pump by March - my first
choice.  I was lucky - my insurance carrier had reached a coverage
agreement with them the month before.