Re: [IP] Animas R1000

In a message dated 5/29/2002 8:34:28 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am wondering if anyone here uses the Animas R1000?  I am currently on a
>  508 and have the opportunity to get another pump and am wondering of any
>  experiences with the R1000, both good and bad.

My daughter is coming up on her one year anniversary of pumping on June 1st
with her Animas R1000 pump "Elvis" . . . We've been very happy with the pump
itself and with Animas as a company.  The pump is easy to operate and has all
the features we wanted (especially the highest water tight tes rating and the
lowest basal increment).  Everyone we've dealt with at Animas has been very
professional, acted with integrity, and been just plain nice to work with . .
. The only complaint I've had is their not having insertion devices for their
infusion sets (unfortunately, these are a must for my daughter) -- so, I'm
really looking forward to their getting the new EZ-serter  through the FDA
approval process so we can try it out . . .

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you might have about our
experience with Animas . . .

Pumpmama to Katie