[IP] Re: Are people given a choice for pumps?

> I have been wondering if anyone who recently, like the last couple years, was
> given a choice in obtaining their pump. My Endo said I was getting one
> particular pump, period! end of discussion!! (Its about the size of a small
> elephant)!

My endo recommended either MiniMed or Disetronic (he thought Animas was
still too small/new in the field), but he didn't "force" me to get a
particular pump.  I WAS limited by my insurance company, though --
Disetronic is apparently not in their PPO network (MiniMed and Animas
both were).  I'd pretty much decided to go with MiniMed anyway by the
time I checked that out, but that solidified my decision.  :-)