[IP] I'm home

I'm through with my heart catheterization. I have one artery 20% blockage;
two with 60-70%; one 70%; one 80%; and one 100% but it appears it is growing
sub arteries. Therefore, heartologist is going to treat me with meds. PTL!!
They used the least amount of dye possible to preserve my kidneys and I was
I.V. hydrated for about 12 hours before. I had to drink some mucomist (which
I called snotjuice). The second *dose* of it was scheduled for
11:30p.m.-12:00a.m. I stayed awake to drink it. They didn't bring it 'til
11:55. I told the nurse when he brought it to me with Diet 7Up (about 3oz.)
that the nurse in the afternoon had it full of ice. He said it's cold - just
took it out of the freezer. So - why weren't my fingers/hands cold around
that clear plastic tumbler? I asked please, for it to be filled with ice -
it tempers it and is more tolerable. He brought it back with half ice and
more 7-Up - I HAD to drink it all then go to sleep.

One of the nurses put me on an 1800 calorie ADA diet. I told them I'm not on
an ADA diet.

A lab tech took blood about 4:00 p.m. Tues. Then another took blood at 2:00
A.M. Wed!!! Reason? To check my kidney function. I asked if my function
would have changed in 10 hours before procedure. Why couldn't they have
taken it at the same time the first time? The second gal took it from my
hand as they can't put a tournequet on my left arm (fistula) and I asked her
to use a butterfly. She said she'd been doing this awhile. I said so have
I - 51.5 yrs and I know my veins. :-(

At 3:00 a.m. roommate (77) was awakened by someone to have her cough - she
is from Ireland (came at 32 y/o) and has such a heavy accent I couldn't
understand her. She talked constantly - I couldn't sleep.

At 4:00 a.m. they had to take vitals.

I asked who was going to awaken us at 6:30 to give us ice water? ;)  That
shook them up since I was to have nothing after midnight (not counting
downing that 7Up stuff).

A couple of the nurses were very interested in my pump and listened. They
let me have complete control. One especially didn't trust me this morning -
thought I'd give myself a bolus with no breakfast. I told her I bolus when I
eat. She reminded me 4-5 times - made me promise.

We got home about 10:20 p.m. e.S.t. (Eastern STABLE Time - CDT) Thanks for
all the well wishes and prayers. (~_^)

After studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. ~ Dr. Bender