[IP] Are people given a choice for pumps?

Hi All:
I have been wondering if anyone who recently, like the last couple years, was
given a choice in obtaining their pump. My Endo said I was getting one
particular pump, period! end of discussion!! (Its about the size of a small
elephant)! Just kidding, but if I attach it to my jeans, well, the pump tugs
my pants down....I wish I had known about other pumps before my Endo said I
was getting the one I have. Has anyone ever gotten a pump that they did not
like and been able to changed it? If so, how?  Thank you!