[IP] "Invisible" Humalog and Breakfast Cereals

hi,

This is a "regular" problem with me. Not just breakfast. It is one of the reasons  that I joined the list.  Though I have only been on a pump for about 6 months.

I bolus "correctly" I am at 8gr/unit and it seems like nothing happens. Some times it seems as if I need between 1.5 and 2 times the amount I expect.

I have some Ideas I have not taken it up with my doc yet.

1. Sites are not good in places. I have been a Diabetic for 23+ years. absorption is not as good or consistent

2. Stomach empties slowly. That is enough glucose gets into the blood to stop a reaction but something is left in the stomach after the insulin has run its course. This can be a standard side effect.

3. Bad lot of insulin.

Not sure what else a combo of the above. These are just my ideas none seems correct to me. I do help the issue with different sites but not very much. It also may have to do with the glisemic (SP) index of the food.

Just my two cents.

Eric

but not