[IP] Testing in Public

I had a fairly interesting case of this... Once at a local coffeehouse last
year, I whipped out my stuff and was doing a test. Some guys came by and it
was like: "Dude, what're ya doin' " (I'm female, but we'll leave that to
their own terminology of "DUDE"...)... I told them I have diabetes and
monitor my blood sugar (Most don't get "Glucose") levels. One of the guys
was listening fairly intently and asked what "di-beetis" feels like..I told
him. The others just made comments like: "Wow, Star Trek stuff"...

They were cool, he took my business card-I was playing music there- and
about two months later, I got a call from him. His kid sister was just told
she has it and the parents were"Freaking out". I offered to meet up with
them at the coffeehouse and we did. I was able to steer the parents to a
couple of sites, and CWD, she's 13, so they are looking at pump therapy for

His folks told me their son picked up on her symptoms a about a month after
having talked to me that other night, and said to take her to the doc. They
all left in a better frame of mind having seen me and the things I brought
for them.

I'll continue to check in public. It actually came to some good here.

Pocket PC Use Windows CE, Home users, are using ME and business users use
NT. So if you are using Windows, you can get into CE ME NT which can become
very heavy. <VBG>

Jenny Sutherland