Re: [IP] sof-serter and disetronic infusion sets

Hi Rebecca,
You don't have to plunge the needle fast into your skin.  That is bound to
hurt.  What I do with my soft set is poke lightly around parts of my belly
first.  If any part hurts, I'll retract the inserter needle and check for
another part.  This may take 2 or 3 spots before I fund one that doesn't
seem to hurt.  Then I push the needle in fairly slowly until I can feel the
dermis area(middle part of the skin) "give" and the inserter needle is in
place.  One thing you can do when you use this "slow method" is to stretch
your skin area with your fingers so as to tense the area.  This will help a
lot.  Good luck.