Re: [IP] Humalog and prescriptions.

I had a similar experience with needed Humalog. I use about 2 bottles a month and my 2nd bottle was accidently left in my car (I live in FL) and since it got hot I couldn't use it. I went to the pharmacy to get another and was told that the insurance company refused to cover it because it was too soon. I explained what had happened and they still refused. I was at my wit's end (my pump only had 4 units left by this time) when the pharmacy tech took pity on me and fibbed to make the machine make it go through. I feel terrible that she lied to do it but no one at the insurance company seemed to care. Did Humalog used to not be a prescription? If so, why did they make it one?
Thank you!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
                        - Jeremiah 29:11