Re: [IP] Humalog and pregnancy

In a message dated 5/29/02 9:41:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I'm wondering if anyone has gone through a pregnancy on Humalog insulin and
> what the outcome was?  I'm trying to conceive and wondering if I have to
> change to regular insulin use with my pump.

I went thru 2 pregnancies using humalog and had 2 perfectly healthy babies,
one boy and one girl.  Before that, I had gone through 1 pregnancy not using
humalog.  That one ended just perfectly too except that the baby weighed over
9 lbs.  I think that the babies I had while using humalog ended up being a
more normal weight because of the excellent control that can be achieved with
humalog, versus regular, nph,lente, ultralente, etc.  Good luck in your
endeavor to become pregnant and if I were you I wouldn't worry one bit about
the humalog in my pump.