[IP] Re: Hot weather lows

<<Fruit leather works for me -- it gets sticky in summer, but is
individually wrapped so it isn't sticking to anything, really.  About
12-14g CHO per "leather", a few take up almost no space.  These have
been my preferred treatment for a low (when anywhere but home) for

Hi Karen,
   I was interested to read that you use fruit leather for lows.  A couple of
years ago, these are what I sent to school with Claire for her lows.  I had
them stashed everywhere, in her gym shoe bag, in her school bag, in her desk,
in our car etc.  But I always wondered if they were "fast" enough, and no
dietician could answer that for me.  Obviously if you use these, you must
find that they work quickly enough.   So perhaps I will go back to using
these.  They are made in the town we are now living in and thus are given
away free everywhere.
   Also, regarding taste when low--Claire normally loves the dextrose based
candies that I started buying to treat her lows  after she began pumping .
In Canada these are called Rockets and are a popular Hallowe'en treat.  At 7
carbs per roll, they are the perfect size--one or two rolls depending on how
bad she feels.   But when she is low, she hates them!!  She may eat them if
nothing else is available to treat the low, but would prefer almost anything

Barbara, Mum of Claire 8