[IP] Re: Humalog and prescriptions

> I have insurance but many people dont. Its getting
> harder for diabetics to get insurance coverage. And if they have to pay
> for the Dr visits to get prescriptions every 3 month and you dont have
> insurance that can get awful costly. Im blessed with insurance. But i
> know many dont have it.

I don't know about others, but my doctor's office will authorize refills
for a year on my prescriptions for insulin and strips.  So that would
make it a little easier for someone who didn't have insurance and had
trouble paying for doctor's visits.

I do agree, however, that it would be nice if all insulin was
non-prescription.  The prescription requirement could really create a
problem for someone who needed more Humalog for their pump on an
emergency basis Friday night, was out of refills on their prescription,
and the doctor's office wouldn't be open till Monday morning.  I know,
of course, that insulin can be dangerous if not used correctly, but the
same is true of plenty of OTC meds!