Re: [IP] RE: reply to insurance questions

Beckie, Thanks for the quick response!  Yep, my experience was well before
HIPAA; can't quite remember when (one of those "senior moments") but it's
good information for me to have NOWsince my husband is now on MY employer's
policy and may soon have a decision to make about health care coverage with
his new job.

I think that not many people out there are educated about HIPAA.  If IP-ers
want to know more about the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act of 1996, go to http://www.cms.hhs.gov/hipaa/ .  There's lots of good
stuff and lots of not so good stuff, from our friendly federal goverment.

> Annie,
> You are correct with your advice -- If insurance is paid for by an
employer, by all means take it!  Due to the high costs of health insurance
in today's world, it seems there are fewer and fewer employers doing this.