[IP] re: travel with supplies

At 07:11 PM 5/28/02, you wrote:
>That's a good point.  However, I'd think one would run into the same
>problem relying on the "pre-printed label" on a vial of insulin that was
>purchased in a non-English speaking country (I assume the label would be
>printed in the language of the country of purchase).  Unfortunately,
>whenever any kind of "documentation" is required, I guess language
>barriers will probably present a problem...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the "rules" didn't
mean the pre-printed label on the insulin bottle, it meant the prescription
label the pharmacist puts on the box (similar to the one that gets put on a
bottle of prescription pills.)  My pharmacist tapes all three boxes
together and puts one label on them.  I guess if I were planning a trip by
air, I would request a separate label to put on one box.  (Btw, right now,
unless I'm travelling for a long period of time, I only take full pump
cartridges with me, not bottles of insulin, but then I haven't flown since
last September either...)