RE: [IP] dental problems

I always thought my teeth problems (which were really bad - had only one
cavity before I was 19 yo, but then between 15 and 25 every six months!)
were my fault (I suppose docs acting like all I had to do was brush, etc),
but not long ago found out that I had celiac disease, which, supposedly 1 in
20 type I diabetics have.  It's an autoimmune disease that causes
malabsorption, and in some celiacs that leads to enamel problems from
calcium/vitamin D deficiency.  This wouldn't explain gum disease as far as I
know (my gums are great, anyway - holding on to those good for nothin' teeth
like there's no tomorrow) but if your teeth are decaying and/or breaking and
you're a type I, it's worth looking into.