From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 10:01 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] travel with supplies

In a message dated Tue, 28 May 2002  5:39:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> As for flying with the pump, you must have a letter from
> your doctor stating
> that you have been prescribed an insulin pump.

Hi Folks,

I fly in the US all the time with my pump.  I am nev er even asked about
it unless something setsw off the metal detector and they wand me.  Then
I explain that I am an Insulin dependent diabetic and they examine the
pump.  Once I was asked if I had any papers on authorizing pump theropy
and I said no.  I still boarded the plain.  I carry syringes and Insulin
in with my meter and it goes throug the xray machine. No problems so
far.

Jim