[IP] pharmacy not checking with insurance

I had a new prescription written up to take to my regular pharmacy for strips
for my ultra.  I use this pharmacy for all my prescriptions but when i
switched to the ultra last summer they were having trouble getting ultra
strips from their supplier and walmart's pharmacy wasn't.  I decided it would
be nicer to get all my scripts from one place and took the new script for 250
strips to my reg place.  They informed me i could only get 200, it was all my
insurance would pay for.   I looked at them and said "oh really, they've been
approving the 250 at walmarts pharmacy for me". I got this look like they
thought i was lying and they wouldn't budge, so i took the script back from
them and took it to walmart and of course got my 250 strips.
sigh.  i would switch pharmacies for everything but it took a long time for
me to get the script for the dtron cartridges just right with them and they
are now having them when i need them and keeping them and my thyroid med in
the fridge (they wouldn't at first even though they both have to stay
refridgerated- wouldn't believe me, they were the professional and knew
better of course).
I am thinking they didn't even check with the insurance about the strips,
just gave their standard reply to every diabetic request for extra strips.
I think the key was that the script read that i was a pumper.....

oh well....
at least i have my strips even if i have to make an extra trip for them.

Faith and Sweetie Pie my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here