Re: [IP] travel with supplies

Hi Laura,

> Sure, prescriptions and doctor's letters can be forged. Nothing's
> perfect. But to me they seem more reliable than an over-the-counter
> vial.

and hello, Margaret,

> As for flying with the pump, you must have a letter from your doctor
> stating that you have been prescribed an insulin pump.

IMHO, this is rather anglo-centric. I doubt if a letter written in
Hungarian, Arabic, or Chinese would work very well at a U.S. airport.
I also doubt whether a letter written in French, which is the only
language my doctor knows, would work. Let's not forget, then, that
most of the world _and most of its doctors_ don't speak or write
English. Showing a note written in anything but English is not likely
to prove very useful, don't you think?

regards, Andy