Re: [IP] travel with supplies

In a message dated Tue, 28 May 2002  5:39:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted writes:

> As for flying with the pump, you must have a letter from
> your doctor stating
> that you have been prescribed an insulin pump.

Hi Folks,

I fly in the US all the time with my pump.  I am nev er even asked about it unless something setsw off the metal detector and they wand me.  Then I explain that I am an Insulin dependent diabetic and they examine the pump.  Once I was asked if I had any papers on authorizing pump theropy and I said no.  I still boarded the plain.  I carry syringes and Insulin in with my meter and it goes throug the xray machine. No problems so far.