RE: [IP] carpal tunnel and diabetes

Hi Marne:
Just catching up on old posts and saw yours regarding carpal tunnel and

Had EMG done and came up w/carpal tunnel except when doctor saw results on
my pinky and said it wasn't carpal tunnel.  I told him I was diabetic and he
called my regular md and told him I also had neuropathy.

My carpal tunnel was at stage 4 (pretty bad) and I was only 25 but had both
hands done. Unfortunately, no one told me it would come back which it did 9
yrs later..seems it comes back for diabetics.

I haven't had surgery on them again and refuse to do so..was too much pain
and I lost too much use of hands and neuropathy is still there.

To make a long story short, carpal tunnel does not affect pinky.

Hope this helps

Kathy Bruckmeyer
email @ redacted
diab 35 yrs pumping 12/00