Re: [IP] Humalog and question

----Original Message Follows----
From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 18:24:08 -0500

From: Winsor Pop <email @ redacted>
 >>> I've had to start skipping breakfast because my head starts spinning
about 40 minutes after my bolus...

Why are
you waiting 40 minutes after a bolus since it sounds like you have not yet
eaten? Perhaps you have and I misunderstood? *Most* of us will bolus and eat
while it's being delivered.

Actually, depending on what my BS is when I get up, I will bolus 1/2 hr.
before I eat breakfast. I have to wait 1/2 hr after I taker my Actonal
before I can eat anyway. But, if my BS is75 or below, I will wait and bolus
when I eat. My endo said I should try this with all meals to try to improve
my 2 hr post-prandial BS but I most always bolus lunch and dinner when I
eat. It's much easier.

Sue(dalgal)

SHARE THE GIFT OF LIFE - DONATE ORGANS, DON'T BURY THEM!