Re: :[IP] Re: long-termers who have avoided complications REMOVAL

I like Jan hate to see people leave this list. The DCCT was an important
study. It was not the total answer. As Jan has mentioned pre BG testing I
also spent 35 or more years without it. It is true my last A1c was 5.9 , but
I ran in the 8 to 9's for many years. I only have problems with my feet and
after 54 1/2 years of D I must be some kind of lucky person. My kidnetoligest
told me last week I have 80% of my kidney function. He told me a man my age
without D will have 85% so I guess I am lucky again. I was also told my
numbers are the same or a little better for the last 2 years after the pump
start. I feel Genetics are a major part of the story. After 54+ years of a
large meals and most positive high BS two hours later how could I still be
hear? I think we should not be obsessed about this stay positive and what
ever time we are given. Roger C