Re: :[IP] Re: long-termers who have avoided complications REMOVAL

To Jan, Bill and everyone else: I have just snipped parts of Jan's long
post:

This disease SUCKS! Yes I'm yelling it.
Personslly, after 36+ years with it, using the old Clinitest and seeing
mostly the lovely bright orange 4+, then the strips, etc, etc. Now the pump
and checking my BG about 10 x's/day, I still can't get a decent A1c. Last
one was 7.0. Very depressing! And that is with a lot of lows. Main problem
is getting 2 hr postprandial to be less than 200. Seems almost impossible.

But - I have no complications except small amt. of retinopathy, controllable
high blood pressure and controllable high colesterol. And I'm the only one
in my family to ever have diabetes, I or II. I'm a I. I think most
complications are in the genes, and wonder about super control. I think
control is important, but mine hasn't been that great because I am hard to
control. My A1c has never been less than 6.2, and that only once.

I'm in a clinical trial for the Modified Edmonton Protocol for an Islet Cell
transplant and I just wish the would get more pancrease donations so the
would call me soon for that transplant!

Sue(dalgal)

SHARE THE GIFT OF LIFE - DONATE ORGANS, DON'T BURY THEM!