Re: [IP] Novolog/Humalog Non-Formulary

George <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Novolog IS approved for pumps.  So if you've made the switch to Novolog,
get the letter from your Doc and file an appeal.  We will succeed!!

One thing to remember about approval - it only applies to how the drug may
be marketed.

So far, most people find no difference between the responses of Humalog and
Novolog.  If anything, Novolog has a slightly longer latency and slightly
longer activity curve.  The difference is the protein that is modified.
Novolog and Humalog are identically buffered.

But as with most things, some people get a better response with Novolog than
Humalog, and there are others who don't tolerate Novolog at all and do well
with Humalog.

Jim Handsfield