Re: [IP] Novolog/Humalog Non-Formulary

On 26 May 2002 at 18:24, email @ redacted wrote:

> Charlene, I have been on Novalog for approx 5 wks, in place of the Humalog, I
> have found more consistency with the Novalog.  And my insurance is not covering
> because it is not on the formulary as is Humalog.  My pharmacist said that
> because Humalog and Novalog are so much alike the insurance carriers are only
> covering the Humalog.  But Im staying put since my numbers are much steadier.
> Jan

I too have made the switch to Novolog because of sensitivity to Humalog.  Of course Aetna has put Novolog on its non-Formulary list, so I need to go back to my Doctor
and have him do another "Letter of Medical Necessity"   With this I intend to do battle with the Pharmacy group at Aetna.  Another "weapon" we have is the fact that
Novolog IS approved for pumps.  So if you've made the switch to Novolog, get the letter from your Doc and file an appeal.  We will succeed!!