[IP] Re: Save the Teddy Bear

I have received two warnings on this; quickly followed by a retraction.  The
Teddy bear is necessary for the operation of some part of your computer.  The
following is one explanation I received:

Take heed everyone.  This one is a hoax designed to fool those of us that do
not know the java code manager.  Someone that it was cute to tell everyone
that this was a virus and to send it.  The problem is that this icon with the
teddy bear is actually an operating system file that should not be deleted
because it helps to interpret java for certain programs.

Please read the following link before deleting this file!!   If you have,
call me, perhaps we can recover the file before you have to install the
operating system again. (Also, if you have deleted the file, take out your
operating system CD Rom, because we will need it to recover the program.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

<A HREF="http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html">http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html</A>
<A HREF="http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/virus/hoax/jdbgmgr.shtml">http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/virus/hoax/jdbgmgr.shtml</A>

Always research a virus before taking action.  I always go to <A HREF="http://www.google.com/">www.google.com</A>
and type in the virus or worm name and have ALWAYS found an antidote and
information regarding the newest program scourges.