[IP] Re: Can Others Tell

Melany wrote:My husband, and now my daughter, age 17, can always seem to
tell when I am
running low - even before I can really tell.  They tell me my behavior
alters ever so slightly.  Can other spouses, and children sense the drop
bgs for other diabetics on this list?  Or is my family just strange?

Melany:No your family is DEFINITELY not strange.  That is great in my
book.  I wish my hubby was a little more observant!  He needs very
obvious signs like me being a real crab, unusually quiet or excessive
jabbering.   I do have a friend at work who can just LOOK at me and tell
if I am high or low.  She is amazing.  We are moving to NC next week and
I am going to miss her ever-so-much!  She can tell by the size of my
pupils and the color of my fingernails -- pale = low and flushed = high.
 Sally Dawson IDDM 37.5 of my 39 years Assimilated:  9 DEC 1999