[IP] HUMAN Virus attack (not computer)

PK folks, I need to hear from you.  Ever since this past tuesday Joshua (age
10.5, DMer almost 5yrs IPer 2.5) has been fighting some weird virus.  Not
bacterial because nothing shows up in the labs.  It started with LARGE LTs
tuesday mor ing and BG in 500s.  Site, change, new cartridge with new insulin
done.  Injection given on top of that.  Went UP to HI (over 600)  Another
injection.  LOTS of fluids.  He is sicker than snot but no vomiting.  After 7
hours we get BGs down into 300s and that is the lowest (until once today he
got to 153 only to bounce right back to 487)  So 4 days now of BGs running
between 300-600, one day of large KTs, once day of MOD kts, a couple times of
trace and now NO KTs.  And what is REAL weird is that he has all of his
normal symptoms of being VERY low...blurred vision, very weak, shakey.......
All labs came back normal, except some KTs in urine we didn't have here at
home.  Got rid of those quickly yesterday but he was so weak he couldn't even
walk on his own power.  He slept all day and then konked out early and slept
all night.  MD/Peds and Endo don't have a clue except some viral thing.  We
are being VERY aggressive with temp increase, increase CI ratio and high
bolus ratios.

Has anyone ever had something like this or something similar?  If so how long
did it last?  I'm getting worried about the sustained highs and what they are
doing to his little body.  One minute he feels pretty good and the next
minute he is crap!!!  Any suggestions would be nice.  And the support I know
I will get will be GREATLY appreciated!  That is what I LOVE about you

a very tired and worried mom to Joshua