Re: [IP] Picking a pump

Hi Kathy,
I have been on Medicare since 1999, and a diabetic since 1949.  Medicare
will pay for a new pump, and as far as I know, it can be any kind including
the MM508.  However, you have to go through quite a bit of paperwork with
them as well as have a cooperative physician to sign off on it for you.
They also require that you see your MD every 3 months.  This latter
requirement seems weird to me but MiniMed won't send out your supplies,
i.e.., softsets, reservoirs, batteries, test strips, etc unless you fulfill
this requirement.  I've been through this ordeal every time I order supplies
from MiniMed.  Unfortunately, it is a real pain but a necessary one to avoid
paying big bucks for supplies.  Just a note -> be sure to give correct info
to Medicare, MiniMed and your DM doctor so you can avoid hassles.  Good
Pat Flynn