Re: Licking fingers (was: Re: [IP] Wow, Some Good Stuff)

As gross as this sounds, my physician father did just that to check the
sugar of his diabetic patients.  Now, my father became a physician in 1910,
that's right, 92 years ago.  He past away 22 years ago at the age of 98.
But he did tell us kids that he could smell ketones and occasionally taste
sweetness in his new diabetic patients.  How about that!!