[IP] Tummy Problems with high BS

Hi!  My daughter Brittany (age 15) Type I for 16 mos. has been having a lot
of stomach problems because (we suspect) from high blood sugars.  She
complains of feelings like painful gas bubbles under her ribs, loss of
appetite, sleepiness, and headache.  She's waiting for classes to begin for
starting the pump, but in the meantime can anyone tell us if they have
experienced similar symptoms and what prompt self-care may work for her?