[IP] Insurance Question

Question re federal laws regarding health insurance. I will be changing from
part-time to full-time work in a month or two and, as such, will be eligible
for my company's health insurance. I am currently covered under my husband's
policy but his coverage is not as good as what I can get at my company. If I
leave his for my own coverage and decide that I really don't care for
full-time work will his company be required to accept me since I would no
longer have health insurance or could they refuse? They currently accept all
spouses and dependant of new employees. Thanks for any info/opinions. .