Re: [IP] Weight Watchers

The point system looks a lot like a modified exchange
system to me (after reading the FAQ on the WW webpage).
(Note that I didn't say it IS, just that it looks like
it.) :) Your total daily points are based on your
weight (which is also how your total daily carb
requirement is determined). Then foods are assigned so
many points each (similar to exchanges.) I wonder if
the 'points' are based on how much carbohydrate the
food contains (there are free foods, just like
exchanges)? I have a friend whose young type 1 child
was placed on a points system diet (may even be the
same one, if not it's VERY similar) when he was
diagnosed a couple of years ago.