Re: [IP] Re: new job-how much info to give employer?

Susan Said:

>I try to hold off telling the immediate supervisor for 3 months, >because
>most companies have the rule that they can terminate you >without reason
>during that time.

What I've done in the past couple of jobs I've had is, I talk to the person
who's responsibility it is to make 911/emergency calls.  (For me, that's
usually the Office Manager who is my direct supervisor.)

I also type up a sheet for them listing what medications I take, what
conditions I have and any other pertinent info they might have to give
emegency medical staff.  The sheet goes into my personnel file.  No one else
in the company has any reason to see it, or even hear about it.

Seems to work well.  Provides me with the security of knowing someone has
the appropriate info, while still maintaining my confidentiality.

email @ redacted
AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted