[IP] Re: Orange Slices & Heelings for a high

> From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Bolusing a little extra for meals
> What orange slices do you use?  The ones with sugar on
> them? <snip>  Cynthia

Yes, them's them! I have seen some individually wrapped, but I would still
keep them in a zipper snack bag. I don't know the carb count on those but
the ones I buy (Farleys) have the info on the bag.

Jan (~_^)

> ------------------------------
> Subject: Re: [IP] How To Describe a High
>     A cardiologist friend of ours once told us that when Melissa is high,
> should picture Karo syrup in her veins, in lieu of blood...and that thick,
> very slow moving fluid was representative of the lethargic, irritable,
> sluggish, demeanor we were seeing in her....made it much more "real" to us
> made it easier to comprehend why she wasn't "raring to go" when "weighed
> down" by the "syrup". Also correlated with her own observation that her
> "appears" different too: thinner & watery when very low, & thicker, darker
> when high..... Renee (Melissa's pump mom)

I haven't posted my *recipe* in some time since when I did, seems lots of
people poo-pooed the idea. But, a CDE who is a DMer showed our group
examples of 4 levels of BG by using ketchup. A 100 BG is equal to a 1/2c
ketchup & 1/3 c water; 200 = 1/2 c ketchup & 1/4 c water; 300 = 1/2 c
ketchup & 2 TBs water; 400 = 1/2c ketchup. When I do programs on DM, I have
zipper-type bags with these labeled (double bagged) to demonstrate to
people. It's a real eye-opener. When I first saw this, I said no wonder I
feel so awful with that thick blood going through - I'm sure there is more
to it than that.

I think how we feel can vary as much as our different symptoms for lows.
Lately I've had a few highs over 600 and my heart pounds, forearms and
wrists hurt terribly bad, thirst, labored breathing, sleepy, and confusion.
Some of you will also remember that when I was a kid (no home BGs) and often
had fruity-smelling breath, Mom would tell me to get dressed, I'd feel
better. Clothes never once raised nor lowered my BG. YMMV (~_^)

After studying the body you got to come to the conclusion all of this was
designed by a superb engineer with super intelligence. ~ Dr. Bender