Re: [IP] new job-how much info to give employer?

I think it's totally up to you.  You don't have to tell anyone anything.  At
my present job, I didn't really have the option of not telling them because
I was in the ICU with DKA on my first day!  Oops!  They were probably
terribly worried that they had made a big mistake, but in the 21 months
since then, I have only taken two sick days.

I usually try to make sure that there's someone around who knows that I'm
diabetic no matter where I am.  So, I will sometimes tell the stranger next
to me in exercise class if there's no one there that day that I know
personally.  I would think it'd be a good idea if someone that you worked
with knew, but that would not necessarily have to be your boss.