[IP] Re: new job - how much info to give employer

In a message dated 5/24/02 11:26:44 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Ella [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
 > Well, finally after 11 months I have a job!  Any  advice on
 > whether or what to
 > tell my new employer about my diabetes?  Do I tell them
 > "upfront"?  I am not
 > sure of what to do.  I was at my previous job for over 7 years.  Any
 > suggestions?
 I'll add my $.02 here.  If you already have the job, then be completely open
 with them.  You employer has a legitimate vested interest in your health.
 Further, you may need assistance if your insurance is changing so that you
 don't end up with a 90 day waiting period for preexisting conditions.

I'm lucky. Where I work (Diabetes Interview), it's a major plus to have
diabetes. LOL

Jan and Elvis