Re: [IP] Glucophage-Type1&2 12 yr. old

Sue(dalgal) wrote:

>>>Yesterday I had a call from someone about coming to our diabetes support
group next week. She was not diabetic, but said her 12 yr. old daughter had
been diagnosed with type 1 & type 2 diabetes. I asked for an explaination
and she said girl was 1st on insulin and it wasn't working well at all so
then she was put on ultralente at nite, humalog with meals as well as
glucophage with each meal and now is doing fine. Has anyone else heard of
this in such a young child, or anyone for that matter. I didn't ask how long
she had been diabetic or if she was overweight.>>

Yes! it's been hared more than we would want, the media is also full with it
lately.  T2 in young children, but you can assume that the child is
overweight.  In our group we have a few of such.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes