[IP] How To Describe a High

I was wondering if any one can put into words how we feel when our blood
sugars are high.  My fiance worries much more about me going low because of
the short term dangers, but he doesn't seem to understand how s**ty I feel
when I am high.  All I can come up with is that I feel swelled up like a
balloon, my nose hurts as though I had breathed in water, and my stomach
hurts.  Does anyone have a better description?