[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #343

I appreciate your suggestion.  Mini med sometimes sends me a free set (1) if
it is an emergency, then I just get billed for that one set later on.  But,
Barnes Hospital in St. Louis has no sympathy!  Actually every doc in the
medical field I have experienced around here treats me just like a social
security number.  Sometimes I get samples of Diovan, because I can not
afford the 150 a month (I am only a sub teacher! and full time student).
Thanks again for your suggestion,

Dear Ashley,
As a recent grad I totally understand how draining diabetic supplies can be,
do you have access to a local hospital or clinic? I know that some
facilities have been known to give out supplies to people who need them.
They can't do it very openly but I've found them to be sympathetic. Often
these clinics get many samples from companies and can distribute them. Good
luck! My prayers are with you.