[IP] Pregnancy/Homebirth Question

When I was pregnant with my daughter (back in 1998-1999) i wanted to use a
midwife but they would not do a home birth because of the diabetes and I was
considered a high risk pregnancy even before I got pregnant.

As I understand, if there are any risks with the mother's health or any
questions, the midwife will only act as a doula for the mother.  They like to
do ALL natural birth, no epidural no painkillers.  They allow you to walk
around until the time of delivery, allow you to sit in a chair or however is
most comfortable.

I had to go for the epidural because when I was dialted to 4-5 cm I was in
the WORST pain of my life!!!  If ever I have another baby - it will be a
planned c-section!!!

mommy to Jordynn who is now 3