Re: [IP] starting insulin ratio and correction factors

Jayne,
Over time some develope resistence,  but usually only requires an increase in insulin usage, however sometimes a subtle change in the type of insulin will correct this and with both humolog and novolog available it shouldn't be a problem.  As long as you are monitoring your sugars you will know if this is happening, there will be a trend that developes and a slight to obvious increase in insulin demand.  I have never known it to be a real problem, unless you don't check your bs. if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.  Have a good day       Scott

>>> email @ redacted 05/23/02 10:05AM >>>
the Dr's numbers sound to be way off, 1-10 is usually for a long term
diabetic who has developed some resistence
>             Scott

Scott (or anyone who knows), I have never heard that long term diabetics
develop resistence over time.  What do you know about this and do you know
if there's any way to counteract it (other than exercise, which doesn't seem
to be helping me any)?  Thanks for any advice!

Jayne.
dx'd type I '93, pumping since 4/10/02