[IP] insulin & weight gain

I agree with Jim that it is not insulin that causes weight gain, but sometimes
when better glucose control is achieved (by switching from MDI to pump, for
example) weight gain occurs...not from the insulin, but from improved blood
sugar control.  When in good glycemic control, extra glucose from food (over &
above what is used to fuel our bodies) will be stored as body fat, instead of
being peed out.  Sometimes this can lead to weight gain.

<<Handsfield, James H wrote: For years people <tended to gain weight using
insulin because <they were
<taking prescribed doses every day and ended <up having to feed the insulin.