Re: [IP] Forgetting to bolus for meals

In a message dated 5/22/2002 8:41:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> f anyone finds something to help a teenager to remember to bolus for a meal,
>  PLEASE clue me in.  I'm 40 and forget!  I never bolus until after my
>  why?  I manage a restaurant and it never fails, when I sit down to eat
>  something happens and I have to get up.  By the time I get back to my meal
> if
>  I get back) it's cold and I have lost my interest in it.  Then I forget to
>  bolus for what I did eat and a few hours later I wonder why I feel like I'm
>  dragging a ball and chain.

It might not appeal to an image conscious teen, but (assuming you use the
long tubing) what about taking your pump out of your pocket or off your waist
band when you sit down to eat and putting it on the table.  Then when you get
up, having to consciously do something with it would serve as a reminder that
you need to bolus for whatever you've eaten thus far . . .
just an idea . . .

Pumpmama to Katie